Volunteer Hours Information
OUR ORGANIZATION REQUIRES 5 VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR EVERY SEMESTER THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER. THESE HOURS SHOULD BE COMPLETED WITH AN ORGANIZATION OR PROGRAM THAT INVOLVES OR ASSISTS CHILDREN IN SOME WAY.
SOME PLACES THAT YOU MAY CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING AT ARE:
- THE BABY FOLD
- BIG BROTHERS AND BIG SISTERS OF MCLEAN COUNTY
- PROJECT OZ
- YOUTH BUILD
- CHILDREN'S DISCOVER MUSEUM
- UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL'S U-LINK LITERACY AND LEARNING CENTER: All majors can apply. You do not have to have experience in any particular content area. You can mentor any/all subjects you are comfortable in. The Literacy & Learning Center is open 8am-4pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-3pm on Fridays. Email Tammy Dean for more information at email@example.com or apply online at http://126.96.36.199:8083/default.aspx
- THOMAS METCALF LAB SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS: Visit http://metcalf.illinoisstate.edu/teacher_education/students.shtml and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are opportunities to volunteer in classrooms of multiple grades. This volunteer opportunity is once a week, and a semester long commitment.
- EL ED SCIENCE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: If you are an elementary education major with an interest in science and would like to visit a 3rd grade classroom this semester to work with students on science lessons, please email Allison Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB: http://www.bgcb-n.org/volunteering